The workshop is composed of a 160-page pdf manual (including 63 colour and 43 B+W illustrations) and 3 hours of video in MP4 format.
While the emphasis is on watercolour marbling, there are short sections on oil colour, acrylic, and gouache marbling, and marbling on fabric, clay, and wood. The manual also provides recommended reading and suppliers lists.
GENERAL WORKSHOP CONTENT OUTLINE
• Art hazards
• What is marbling?
• Conditions affecting marbling
• Record keeping
• Marbling basics: technical outline, set-up, tools, and equipment
• Size: types, carrageenan, life span, cleaning off
• Other sizes: methyl cellulose, etc.
• Other substrates
• Colour: definitions, colour harmony, contrast, theory
• Types of marbling divided by media: watercolour, acrylic, oil, gouache, pigments, permanence, etc.
• Colour as it relates to marbling: bias, proportion, neutralizing, etc.
• Mixing and applying colours for marbling
• Variables affecting combing or raking
• Patterns: basic patterns and variables
• Problems and flaws
CBBAG Home Study materials are copyrighted. In purchasing any Home Study workshop participants must agree to the CBBAG the Home Study Programme Policy and may not duplicate the manuals or videos except for their personal educational use.
Policy: Click here for the Home Study policy.